The Passionary Declaration
There are many pathways in the process of becoming a Passionary. Living life with passion is a journey and not a destination. There is no linear path of things to check off a list but gracious invitations hopefully leading to a life of depth, love and service.
YOU ARE INVITED TO
- Commit to Three Daily Intentions: To follow Christ more nearly, to love more dearly and to incarnate God's grace more clearly.
- Ask yourself Three Simple Questions: How shall I follow Jesus today? How can I demonstrate Jesus' love and justice today? How can I play my part in practicing the presence of Christ, right here, right now?
- Find time each day to attend to the Gracious Voice, relying on the Holy Spirit to help you resist a culture of noise and constant stimulation.
- Answer the call to costly discipleship, a discipleship which seeks to enact, embody and incarnate Christ's presence in the context of the world in which you live and are called to serve.
- Cultivate the Beloved Community by practicing radical acts of hospitality, welcoming the stranger outside yourself as well as within. Recognize that when you make space inside your heart for unclaimed parts of yourself, you cultivate compassion and the ability to accept those places in others.
- Pursue justice, affirming that Jesus is Lord over public life as well as private life. Do not hesitate to put Jesus's love command into practice in regards to people and creation.
- Practice a life of ongoing repentance and transformation, recognizing that you are always on a journey with both gifts and limitations.
- Develop a vocation and not just a career. Discern your gifts as a child of God and listen for your calling rather than just looking for opportunities.
- Make choices by distinguishing between wants and need. Choose what is enough rather than what is possible to get. Replace appetites with values and model those values for all who are in your life.
- Commit to rhythms of rest and renewal through the regular practice of Sabbath and resist a culture of busyness that measures your worth by what you do.